now hiring lead A&P Mechanic (with IA)
Are you an experienced A&P aircraft mechanic with experience working on piston aircraft? Do you long for the opportunity to have a key leadership role in a rapidly growing company where your knowledge and experience can make an immediate impact?
If you answered yes to these questions, we should talk! We’re looking for skilled A&P Aircraft Mechanic to join the Performance team! Our Part 141 Pilot Academy is growing rapidly, and we need someone who can manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and help us keep our fleet of Cirrus, Cessna, and Piper training aircraft well-maintained. You will assist with supervision and training for additional maintenance personnel. This is your opportunity to join a hard-working, fun-loving team in aviation whose collective mission is whole-life impact.
As our Lead A&P Aircraft Mechanic, you will also work closely with company leadership and our flight training team to shape the Performance Aircraft culture and promote our people-focused vision “where the rubber hits the road.” (Or should we say, where the tires hit the tarmac?)
What are we looking for?
- Candidates must have a valid and active A&P certificate with your IA.
- A minimum of 5 years of maintaining piston aircraft.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. If you can get your ducks in a row, keep your fingers on the pulse, go over things with a fine-toothed comb, and kill two birds with one stone, all without letting the grass grow beneath your feet, we should definitely talk.
- No drama. We fiercely protect our collaborative, mission-focused team culture. If you can’t help passing along whatever gossipy tidbit you just heard through the grapevine, please don’t apply!
- Bonus for leadership skills and experience.
A few things about us:
- Located smack-dab in the center of the country, we enjoy a good variety of weather (from sunny skies and warm temps, to clouds and snow); excellent examiner availability with low examiner fees; and some of the friendliest, most hardworking teammates and customers you’ll ever meet.
- We have a BRAND NEW state-of-the-art flight training facility and large hangar at KLNK.
- We only hire passionate, motivated people who have a heart to help us fulfill a greater purpose.
- Our Missionis to inspire and enable aviation dreams—one relationship, one aircraft, and one flight at a time.
- We believe that we were created with a love for people and a passion to serve.
- We have fun and like to celebrate successes.
What will you be doing here?
- Managing all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensuring all work is scheduled and performed safely and efficiently
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Overseeing parts ordering and inventory management
- Assisting with training and supervision of maintenance staff
- Providing guidance and direction that enables growth
If this describes you, we want your resume! Enjoy excellent pay in a thriving aviation community and join a mission-minded team with strong core values. Apply now!
team member benefits
You get discounts on flight training, aircraft rentals, Pilot Shop merchandise, and more.
Enjoy a “culture of coaching” as we will regularly discuss your career goals and growth opportunities.
Paid Time Off
All full time salaried employees receive 15 days off every year and receive 5 additional days after their fifth year.
We conduct Performance Reviews where we discuss your career goals and look for growth opportunities.
More Paid Time Off
After 6 years of employment, we’ll increase paid time off for salaried employees to 20 days!
At our flight training team meetings, the flight training team will also be served lunch (on us!)
We hire great people and reward them nicely for a job well done.
Performance Aircraft regularly schedules employee events and get-togethers with yummy food, games, and prizes.
take the Next Step
Contact us for more information and receive a friendly, prompt response.
Create Your Plan
Let us help you create a personalized plan for your pilot career.
Ready to start your flight training? Complete our enrollment application.