now hiring chief flight instructor
Are you an experienced CFI with a desire to make a difference? Do you feel called to invest in people?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, let’s talk! We’re looking for a confident and experienced full-time Chief Flight Instructor to join our Part 141 Pilot Academy. We are growing rapidly, and we need someone with career training experience and a good bit of wisdom who can help our team soar. You will provide leadership and coaching for our CFIs while ensuring our training processes remain efficient and effective. This is your opportunity to join a hard-working, fun-loving team in aviation whose collective mission is whole-life impact.
As our Chief Flight Instructor, you will work closely with company leadership and our flight training team to shape the Performance Aircraft culture and promote our people-focused vision.
What are we looking for?
- Superb relationship-building skills with a special knack for inspiring others toward a shared vision. We are looking for proven relational and communication skills.
- Candidates must have CFI, CFII, and MEI and must meet FAA Part 141 Chief Instructor requirements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. If you can get your ducks in a row, keep your fingers on the pulse, go over things with a fine-toothed comb, and kill two birds with one stone, all without letting the grass grow beneath your feet, we should definitely talk.
- No drama. We fiercely protect our collaborative, mission-focused team culture. If you can’t help passing along whatever gossipy tidbit you just heard through the grapevine, please don’t apply!
- Extra credit for advanced experience as a Flight Instructor in a Part 141 program.
- Extra credit for Cirrus experience.
A few things about us:
- Located smack-dab in the center of the country, we enjoy a good variety of weather (from sunny skies and warm temps, to clouds and snow); excellent examiner availability with low examiner fees; and some of the friendliest, most hardworking teammates and customers you’ll ever meet.
- We have a BRAND NEW state-of-the-art flight training facility and large hangar at KLNK.
- We only hire passionate, motivated people who have a heart to help us fulfill a greater purpose.
- Our Missionis to inspire and enable aviation dreams—one relationship, one aircraft, and one flight at a time.
- We believe that we were created with a love for people and a passion to serve.
- We have fun and like to celebrate successes.
What will you be doing here?
- Providing leadership and coaching for of our Flight Training Team
- Developing flight training courses, tracking programs, and tools
- Administering Progress Checks
- Part 141 training records oversight
- Communicating with the FAA on adding and managing Part 141 Courses
- Reviewing and revising TCO’s and SOP’s as necessary
- Providing flight instruction in our technologically-advanced fleet
If this describes you, we want your resume! Enjoy excellent pay in a thriving aviation community and join a mission-minded team with strong core values. Apply now!
team member benefits
You get discounts on flight training, aircraft rentals, Pilot Shop merchandise, and more.
Enjoy a “culture of coaching” as we will regularly discuss your career goals and growth opportunities.
Paid Time Off
All full time salaried employees receive 15 days off every year and receive 5 additional days after their fifth year.
We conduct Performance Reviews where we discuss your career goals and look for growth opportunities.
More Paid Time Off
After 6 years of employment, we’ll increase paid time off for salaried employees to 20 days!
At our flight training team meetings, the flight training team will also be served lunch (on us!)
We hire great people and reward them nicely for a job well done.
Performance Aircraft regularly schedules employee events and get-togethers with yummy food, games, and prizes.
take the Next Step
Contact us for more information and receive a friendly, prompt response.
Create Your Plan
Let us help you create a personalized plan for your pilot career.
Ready to start your flight training? Complete our enrollment application.